- 1990 Bachelor of Commerce, University of British Columbia
- 1993- Chartered Accountant (CA)
- 1997- Licensed Insolvency Trustee (previously Trustee in Bankruptcy)
- 1997- Chartered Insolvency & Restructuring Professional (CIRP)
Areas of Practice
- Personal insolvency including consumer proposals to creditors, financial counseling and assignments into bankruptcy
- Corporate insolvency - including business restructuring via proposals, bankruptcy, and receiverships
- Accounting for small business
- Personal income tax
After growing up on Vancouver Island, it was not a difficult decision to return to its natural beauty and recreational opportunities in 1993, after spending eight years in Vancouver for schooling and articling with the international accounting firm Coopers & Lybrand (now PricewaterhouseCoopers).
Being able to assist individuals and corporations on a more intimate basis was a driving force in completing a "second CA" by becoming licensed by the Federal Government as a Licensed Insolvency Trustee (previously Trustee in Bankruptcy) in 1997.
It is extremely satisfying to be able to witness lives change for the positive due to a restructuring of financial affairs. When not at work, time can be easily spent with my wife Jacquie and two children, coaching high school sports, golfing or donating time at the Salvation Army.